Ok – So we just had our last planning meeting before the exhibit ships. We basically went through the entire checklist to make sure that all the little details were covered. We also checked on the progress of the exhibit structure and fine-tuned the look and technical aspects. Next week we will summarize the entire checklist but today I can talk about some of the final structural features before we dig into the discussion topic that I mentioned in the last video. Namely – the marketing side.
Here are a few detailed items that I have not mentioned yet.
- We needed to secure and stop any motion issues with the monopod in the video camera counter.
- We had to decide where to mount the two spot lights on either side of the exhibit as well as the intensity of the light bulb in each. The intensity will be different as the lights are at different lengths from the interview chairs.
- We also switched from a bracket to mount the laptop onto the counter to a standard security cable and needed to mount an attachment plate inside the sign up counter.
- We needed to purchase a new carpet as the leftover piece from the original stage carpet was not enough to cover the booth space in front of the stage. A new Exhibitor Lounge signature wine colored carpet was ordered and delivered the next day. Looks pretty good – right.
- We also approved matching vinyl wraps for the two front counters so that the counters would match the art deco look of the backdrop.
- Last but definitely not least we needed to send the backdrop fabric to our manufacturing partner. We wanted to make sure that we had a really good color match for the four new side panels that go into the Matrix frames. Since the backdrop is a couple of years old the color may have faded slightly and we wanted a perfect match.
So I need to stop with the physical details so I can talk about the marketing side, as promised.
So for the last couple of weeks we have been inviting our vendors and manufacturing partners to be interviewed live at the ExhibitorLive show in Las Vegas. Since there are only 4 hours per day available for the three day show we are setting up time slots for each guest in 10 minute intervals. We’ve had a very good response. Each vendor or partner will have the opportunity to talk about their company, their latest innovations and what specialty they can offer you to help you with your trade show strategy, lower costs and get better results. We will air these live show episodes on future Exhibitor lounge broadcasts. As a special thanks to everyone all our vendors and partners will have access to these videos on U-Tube after we professionally edit and upload them. We will also be soliciting attendees to quote – “sit in the interview chair” and say whatever they want about exhibits, trade shows in general or specific topics dealing with anything from drayage, costs, unions, costs, internet, costs, etc. The Exhibitor Lounge will tackle any subject related to trade shows. Our Marketing Associate is also sending out postcards and emails and she is attaching a bio and optional phone numbers.
Hey, as always, please respond with your questions or comments and let others know about EXHIBITOR LOUNGE.COM. We will see you next week. Until then, I am your host Michael Gray telling you to RELAX in the Exhibitor Lounge.